In both the pre and post boom era we have advised our clients in both the acquisition and disposal of businesses or part of their business. We believe clients want the best independent advice. OGBP can provide practical assistance throughout these processes.
Our role varies from project to project however a typical transaction for acquisitions could include:
- Identification of suitable target companies through research in Ireland.
- Drafting an acquisition strategy, which identifies the key elements of the existing business and address the benefits any acquisition could bring to these key elements
- Assessment of suitable targets and the likely transaction price
- Investigation of the financial affairs of the target company
- Management of the process from offer to agreement
- Assistance with the implementation of the post-acquisition plan including payroll, administration, sales tactics and accounting systems.
- Optimising the tax and financial position of the combined enterprise
We also advise on disposals and help you with a plan to target your disposal strategically. We help valuing assets, finding suitable purchasers and negotiating the sale. OGBP can assist this process to help achieve the primary objective and minimise the disruption to the business being sold. Our role can include:
- Consideration of the strategic options
- Establish a valuation range
- Draft a disposal memorandum
- Identify and contact prospective purchasers
- Management of disposal process
- On-going refinement of the sale agreement
- Post disposal assistance
Our primary objective is to help you develop and grow your business by combining our knowledge and expertise to view opportunities that may arise and overcome obstacles that may develop over the lifetime of a business. We pride ourselves in the fact that many of our clients have grown with us over the last 30 years and many of our new clients are referred onto us by existing clients.
Full understanding of clients business needs
We’ve built an App platform that’s packed full of useful tools and features which can communicate with our clients more effectively with tailored push notifications and automated tax and budget updates. Read more about the OGBP App
Development of a long term relationship with clients.
OGBP know the importance of servicing the clients’ needs during good times and bad. We have found over the years that a large proportion of our new clients come to us on the recommendation of existing clients. Read more about our history.
Good working relationship with financial institutions.
At OGBP we review financial services being offered by the various lending institutions, so we are in a position to recommend the best lenders to meet our individual clients’ needs.
- Audit & Statutory Accounts
- Corporate Finance & Business Advisory
- Family Business & Private Clients
- Corporate & Personal Tax
- Bookkeeping Inhouse Training
- Business Startups
- Company Secretarial
- Payroll Services
- Online Cloud Accounting
- Pensions & Investments advice
- Acquisitions & Disposals
- Succession Planning
Anglesea Street, Clonmel, Co Tipperary.
22 Bridge Street, Ringsend, Dublin 4
Lets Get Started
OGBP is a dynamic and innovative firm of Accountants, Auditors and Taxation Advisors. Through our partner led offices we offer each client a hand’s on approach that will deliver the desired results in a timely and efficient manner.
Certified Public Accountants, Registered Auditors & Registered Taxation Consultants.
Authorised to carry out Audit Work & Investment Business by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland. O’Gorman Brannigan Purtill & Co. Limited
Registered Office: Anglesea House, Anglesea Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary. Registered In Ireland No. 519314