Voluntary Secondary schools are obliged to comply with the requirements of the Financial Support Services Unit (FSSU) in relation to the preparation of annual school accounts.
All schools are obliged to prepare a set of annual accounts to 31st August each year. These must be filed online using Cloud based online filing by 28th February each year.
We have been preparing school accounts for over 40 years and are fully up to date with all requirements laid down by Department.
- Schools are advised to use Tas Books by FSSU and we have particular strength in this area.
- We liaise with school principals and secretaries to help complete accounts which satisfy the FSSU requirements.
- We also provide full bookkeeping service if required to schools and can train on all areas of accounts entry if required.
- We go the extra step in producing accounts and reports which can be very useful to the Principal and the Board when making decisions to invest on capital expenditure or other projects.
- We advise on cost saving measures and possible income streams.
- We can also prepare and file RCT returns for the School with Revenue which takes away this time consuming and sometimes confusing job from in-house.
We do this for a flat fee so there are no surprises at invoice time.